If you’re like us, you spent quarantine perfecting several new skillsets– including bartending. With more time to practice mixing and shaking, we opted for more creative cocktails in place of our usual easy glasses of wine. We’re sharing some of our favorite new concoctions that we stirred up. Whether you’re heading to a social distancing BBQ, hopping on a Zoom happy hour, or even enjoying a drink with dinner, we encourage you to try some of these fun options!
This sangria is light and refreshing. It’s the perfect combination of tart and sweet and it’s sure to be a new staple in your summer cocktail menu.
- 1 bottle dry rose wine
- 3 ounces Grapefruit Liqueur
- 2 ounces Aperol
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- Juice from 1 grapefruit
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 peaches cut into wedges
- 1 grapefruit thinly sliced and halved
- Simple- mix all ingredients together in a pitcher with ice. Garnish with a green herb of your choice (we like rosemary) and enjoy!
Frozen cocktails aren’t limited to strawberry daiquiris and piña coladas. This frozen treat is just as delicious and will cool you down with less guilt than the sugary beverages we usually sip on.
- Lime Juice
- Tonic Water
- Simple Syrup
- Squeeze the limes for the juice and slice about five 1/2″ thick pieces of cucumber.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in an old-fashioned glass with a straw and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Nothing says summer quite like a margarita. This recipe offers a refreshing take on the classic cocktail. This drink is perfect for outdoor sipping!
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c. blanco tequila
- 1.5 oz. Cointreau
- 1 lime, juiced (about an ounce)
- 1 tbsp honey, raw if you have it
- 2-3 basil sprigs
- Kosher salt
- Pour about 1/4 cup of kosher salt onto a small side plate. Rub the juiced lime rind around the edge of two rocks glasses, then dip each glass into the plate of salt to rim the edges. Fill each glass with crushed ice.
- Place the strawberries, tequila, cointreau, lime juice and honey into a blender. Blend thoroughly on high until the strawberries are pulverized. Finely chop the basil and place into the bottom of a decanter or cocktail shaker. Muddle the basil to release the flavors and oils. Pour the blended margarita ingredients into the decanter along with the muddle basil and stir vigorously to incorporate. Pour into salted, iced glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!
From left to right: